St. Petersburg Art Academy in Florence has a didactic office in a unique 15-th century Ridolfi Palace is located in the historic centre of Florence, in an easy reachable zone with the good infrastrutture, only in:
100 meters from Santo Spirito,
150 meters from Palazzo Pitti,
300 meters from Ponte Vecchio,
700 meters from Uffizi Gallery,
1 km from Santa Maria Novella railway station,
1,1 km from the Duomo Square and Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
Palazzo di Cosimo Ridolfi
a building, with a three-axis plan, is built by Corbinelli at the beginning of the 15th century and then passed to the Ridolfi di Piazza in 1483. In 1497, following the involvement of Niccolò Ridolfi in the conspiracy of Bernardo del Nero Favored by the return of the Medici, the palace was confiscated, to return to the Ridolfi in 1512, parallel to the return to the city of the same doctors. At this date the building belonged to Piero Ridolfi, husband of Contessina de ‘Medici, daughter of Lorenzo the Magnificent, which justifies the presence on the door of the family’s arrogance with the Medici family. During the census ordered by Cosimo I in 1551 the palace was inhabited by Luigi di Piero Ridolfi, with two males, one female, eleven servants and seven serve.
The traditional denomination of the palace, however, remembers another Ridolfi, Senator Cosimo (1794-1865), an agronomist, a patriot and a philanthropist, to whom, inter alia, the purchase of the contiguous palace Zanchini (see civic number 13) To extend the environments of the house, evidently considered unfit for the prestige of the family. The character’s merits are remembered in the long memory placed in the center of the front of the building. This shows a rustic stone ground floor (marked by three beautiful horse-drawn horseshoes), with three large arch openings framed by wedge-shaped vaults, still in line with the characteristics of the architecture of the early 15th century, all With large areas integrated with artificial stone.
The top floors have fake graffiti prints and some foliage decorations, always graffiti. Below the second resort, in the center of the forehead, is a shield with the Ridolfi of Piazza (in blue, at the top of six golden hills and the crossing red band, all accompanied by the crown Gold given by two palm leaves of the same, the latter concession of the king of Naples Giacomo di Borbone to Ambassador Lorenzo Ridolfi in 1415), according to Ginori Lisci perhaps coming from another property of the family and transferred here at the time of ‘Buying the house.
After passing the long turned round (where there is a further tombstone with inscription referenced to Cosimo Ridolfi and dated 1819), a series of environments and spaces documenting the subsequent interventions to the structure and from which several staircases (certainly nineteenth century ) For access to the upper floors. Among these are the courtyard with an octagonal semipilast and other stone architectural elements (here is a lintel surmounted by a marble bust), and the small garden with two flower beds and a palm tree from Which is visible on the back of the building.
Concerning the conservative history of the factory, Mazzino Fossi (Limburger-Fossi) points to the restoration of the gutter in 1901 and that of the façade in 1904, a period which presumably involves the work of graffiti remodeling and the integration of the land previously reported. The palace appears in the list drawn up in 1901 by the General Directorate of Antiquities and Fine Arts, as a monumental building to be considered a national artistic heritage.