Bachelor’s Academic Course. Full-time program.
Specialization: Visual Arts and Restoration.
Duration of a Course: 4 years.
The programme includes: Training Internships, Professional Practice, Pre-diploma Internships, Final State Certification.
Objective of a course
Formation of a holistic, analytically meaningful perception of the objects, professional approach in resolving the problem of the adequate representation of the students’ figurative solution, mastering the visual display tools, studying the typologies of materials and painting techniques.
Detection and attribution of the object of material culture, determination of its artistic and historical value and also a category of conservation. Organization and implementation of the research and archive findings and selection of the optimal model of restoration (conservation and reconstruction).
Organization and implementation of the restoration works complex. Preparation of the scientific accounting documentation.
Targets of a course
– developing the student’s ability of a three-dimensional thinking;
– familiarizing with the methodology of realizing the learning assignments;
– implementation of the image planning methodology;
– exploitation of the oil painting techniques;
– exploration of the tones expressiveness in painting;
– studying the mixed technique in painting;
– use of drawing in painting;
– use of painting in a process of solving the decorative challenges.
– detection and attribution of the object of material culture, determination of its artistic and
historical value and also a category of conservation;
– organization and implementation of the research and archive findings and selection of
the optimal model of restoration (conservation and reconstruction);
– organization and implementation of the restoration works complex;
– preparation of the scientific accounting documentation.
Principles of content selection and management of didactic material
– step-by-step sequence of developing a course from easy to hard, including the focus on analysis of the famous Masters’ artworks;
– detecting and emphasizing the targets of the course in a didactic material;
– enhancing the volume of didactic material with a help of self-training similar to
Main criteria of didactic material content selection
– correspondence to the targets of the course;
– correspondence to the individual possibilities;
– correspondence to the material possibilities.
Quality control of the knowledge assimilation
– testing an control of the theoretical knowledge assimilation and methodological guidelines in practical painting assignments;
– step-by-step guidance and control of the methodology of realizing the practical painting and restoration assignments;
– midterm attestation;
– negotiation and approval of the self-training painting and restoration assignments;
– consulting and guidance on self-training painting and restoration assignments.
Final attestation of the painting and restoration practical assignments quality is performed in a form of exam.
Official Diploma is awarded to students after successful completion of a program of study.
Enrollment for the 1st semester is open until the 15th of August
Enrollment for the 2d semester is open until the 1st of December
Career opportunities after completion of a course in Visual Arts and Restoration
Professor of Painting and Drawing, Art Director, Professional freelance, Paintings Conservator under control of a responsible institution, Graphic Designer, Collaborations with public/magazins/newspapers, Collaborations with museums and galleries